Celebrating the best athletes in the world at the 2022 ESPY Awards, Olympic Alpine skier Lindsey Vonn took the carpet, and stage, by storm in a stunning hairstyle completed by celebrity hairstylist and Aquage brand ambassador Laura Polko. Using the best of the brand’s stylers, see below for how Laura Polko achieved the perfect effortless look on Lindsey using Aquage.
Get the Look: Lindsey Vonn x Laura Polko
- “For Lindsey’s ESPY’s look, we wanted to keep the style effortless, sexy, and cool, so we landed on a beautiful textured ponytail, which worked well with the open back on her dress.”
- “To prep strands, I applied Aquage’s Uplifting Foam all over her hair using my hands, working the hair straight back. We really wanted the style to be lifted, so I worked the Uplifting Foam up and out the sides of her head and into her root to prevent the look from falling. Using my hands, instead of a brush, is a great way to achieve great texture without any pieces sticking up.”
- “From there, I sprayed each section with the Aquage Dry Texturizing Spray, and then curled with the T3 SinglePass curling iron to get the texture in. For this look, I mixed and matched the direction that the curls were placed in to keep the look cool and slightly undone.”
- “Once curls were in place, I decided where to place the ponytail. From there, I sprayed the Aquage Finishing Spray on each section, backcombed, and then clipped in a few extensions. I used U-shaped Luxy hair extensions, making sure I was working with the curve of the head to prevent the extensions from sticking out.”
- “Once all sections were pulled back into a ponytail, I secured with a bungee, but not too tightly since we really wanted the look to be lifted, and full of texture and movement in the front. After the hair was secured, we pulled out a few face framing pieces, and polished off the look with Aquage’s Spray Wax, which I applied all over the strands and on my fingertips to provide some pieceyness and texture around the face.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.